♦ [RED.ZONE.PERFECTION] ♦
__________The Future of Dynasty__________

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2012 2:23 pm  #1

Rule Book Section 2: Scoring

Sorry, I was inactive last week but I had a very chaotic week... As there were no big concerns with the scoring at this topic (http://redzoneperfection.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=145), I'm putting the scoring up for voting.

Deadline: Thursday 23:59 GMT+6

Scoring:

QB
.5 per completion
-.5 per incompletion
5 pts per passing td, (the poll right now)
1 pt per 25 yds passing
1 pt per 10 yards rushing
and 6 pts per rushing td
1 pt per tackle of course
-3 for each Int. or fumble lost
-2 per sack

RB/WR/TE:
1 pt. per catch
1 pt. per 10 yards catching or receiving
6 pts per td
1 pt per tackle of course

Kicker:
3 pts: FG < 39 yards
4 pts: FG 40-49 yards
5 pts: FG 50-59 yards
6 pts: FG > 60 yards
1 pt: extra point

IDP:
1 pt per tackle
1 pt per ass. tackle (see: http://redzoneperfection.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=37)
3 pts per sack
3 pts per interception
3 points per fumble forced and 3 pts per fumble recovery i believe
any defensive td will be worth 6 pts.
2 pts. per deflected pass
2 pts. per safety

Special Teams:
1pt per 30 yards return yards
6 pts for TD
3 pts for blocked kick (not sure if this is possible)
1 pt per 10 yards return yards on interception/fumble (not sure if this is possible)

Last edited by Gert-Jan (4/29/2012 3:58 pm)

Do you agree with this format?

4/29/2012 3:03 pm  #2

Re: Rule Book Section 2: Scoring

Much of the initial scoring discussion is before I arrived but overall it looks fine to me.  However now that I look closely at the IDP's specifically there appear to be a few things missing?  Or perhaps they weren't meant to be included:

It should also include interceptions for IDP at +3 pts though should it not? 
And the rather obvious special teams return for TD being worth 6 pts as well.
Assisted tackles being 0.5 pts for IDP
Blocked kick {3 pts I'm guessing} for IDP
And return yards on fumbles and ints being 1 pt per 10 yards for IDP

4/29/2012 3:54 pm  #3

Dreddknight wrote:

Much of the initial scoring discussion is before I arrived but overall it looks fine to me.  However now that I look closely at the IDP's specifically there appear to be a few things missing?  Or perhaps they weren't meant to be included:

It should also include interceptions for IDP at +3 pts though should it not? 
And the rather obvious special teams return for TD being worth 6 pts as well.
Assisted tackles being 0.5 pts for IDP
Blocked kick {3 pts I'm guessing} for IDP
And return yards on fumbles and ints being 1 pt per 10 yards for IDP

Good points. Interceptions and return TD appears to be missing. I thought we agreed that ass. tackles are also  1 but I'm not too sure about that. About blocked kick and return yards/fumbles, I don't know if that's possible on NFL.com if it's the case I'm happy to add them.

4/29/2012 3:59 pm  #4

Ok, I made some adjustments on IDP and special teams.

4/29/2012 4:12 pm  #5

All of the categories are possible {just check the scoring settings from last year, they all appear there}, I think that covers all scoring possibilities.  Looks like we're good to go and when ratified we can finally start setting our draft boards in earnest!

4/29/2012 5:09 pm  #6

Voted

4/29/2012 8:21 pm  #7

There was a great deal of discussion regarding assists and tackles. The overall opinion - not a concensus, but a majority - was that a defender who can't make a tackle by himself does NOT deserve the same points as a defender who makes a solo tackle. What was agreed to was that whatever a tackle is worth, an assist should be worth half. Some felt it should be .5 and one. Some felt it should be 1 and 2. There were only two or three people who felt that they should be valued the same.

Lorikeets 2013 8-6 1st Place Division 4
Lorikeets 2012 6-8 3rd Place Division 4
Does it matter which lemming is the leader?

4/29/2012 9:48 pm  #8

def assist should only be worth half of a tackle!

Second is just the first loser!

4/30/2012 4:55 am  #9

rtretler wrote:

There was a great deal of discussion regarding assists and tackles. The overall opinion - not a concensus, but a majority - was that a defender who can't make a tackle by himself does NOT deserve the same points as a defender who makes a solo tackle. What was agreed to was that whatever a tackle is worth, an assist should be worth half. Some felt it should be .5 and one. Some felt it should be 1 and 2. There were only two or three people who felt that they should be valued the same.

The last one who talked about tackles/ass. tackles was funmiddlefinger and he suggested tackles and ass. tackles both 1 OR .5 and no one replied on it so I thought it was settled. However, I will make a poll so everyone can make a vote for it.

@public enemy: so if I understand int. return yards should be 1 per 10 yards and fumble return yards should be 1 per 5 yards?

4/30/2012 4:04 pm  #10

Unfortunately, a great deal of the discussion on this subject occurred in streams other than the one on this particular subject. Based on what was in this particular stream, it was easy to be misled.

Lorikeets 2013 8-6 1st Place Division 4
Lorikeets 2012 6-8 3rd Place Division 4
Does it matter which lemming is the leader?

Board footera