♦ [RED.ZONE.PERFECTION] ♦
__________The Future of Dynasty__________

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2012 6:16 pm  #1

Veto the trade between KC and Bilco

This is being put up as a last resort measure to protect the league from an unbalanced trade.  I don't expect this to ever be done again as I believe we are replacing Bilco.  Neither owner did anything wrong this is just a case of 1 owner being in over there head in a league they don't appear prepared for.

Veto Trade

The answer to the question never asked is always NO.

10/02/2012 6:20 pm  #2

Re: Veto the trade between KC and Bilco

Then I say thats on who ever agreed to let him in.....NOT ON ME!.....I am not in charge of screening incoming players!

Second is just the first loser!

10/02/2012 6:25 pm  #3

I'll say this here and now, I think the trade is lopsided and Bilco doesn't seem to have a grasp on how to run a dynasty team.  That being said shame on us for not pursuing this further when a new guy joined and made a questionable trade a week ago or so.  We should have raised a red flag and addressed the situation right then.  There has been no provision set in the rules to veto trades and as such the trade should stand.  The lesson here is that if we ever have occasion to bring in someone new we need to do a better job of keeping a "weather eye" on them until we are sure they know what they are doing so we don't have a team that suffers as much as Autobots has.

If this lone trade serves to unbalance the league so much as to make it untenable then we weren't a strong enough league in the first place.

10/02/2012 6:26 pm  #4

Ok voting is closed and this trade shall stand

10/02/2012 6:30 pm  #5

I hope we never see anything like this again!....if I am involved in a deal or not!

Second is just the first loser!

10/02/2012 6:36 pm  #6

I hope so as well KC

10/02/2012 6:38 pm  #7

I think if you call into question this one deal, then youd have to call into question the other deals, and then any subsequen deals, that have stemmed from this..... How far back are you gonna go.

Its getting all a bit witch hunt-ish......

I think this should be put on hold until Bilco has a chance to explain his actions, he may have good reason for accepting the trade, or alternatively, he may have pressed accept in error and not realised - Ive done it myself in this leagues and in another.

THE REAL CHAMP IS HERE

10/02/2012 6:47 pm  #8

I did not get here in time to vote. I have a few thoughts. 1. we need to screen our owners better and provide them with some instruction on what to study, ponder, consider, etc. when making trades and waiver decisions 2. we need to reserve the right to screen and veto any deals made by a new owner in the first few months of membership 3. we as individuals need to make sure that we don't take advantage of a new person's ignorance, someone's typo or accidental click, someone misreading the draft pick numbers - at the same time we need to own our mistakes and take responsibility to exercise proper care. It is our league and it will only be as good as we make it. If we, as individuals, view every deal as a chance to take advantage, to profit from mistakes or ignorance, win no matter who gets screwed in the process then our league won't be very good and it won't last long. I am not saying that is what happened in this instance because I do not know what transpired. I only see the results. But if a deal can go down that this many people regard as completely unbalanced or foolish, someone did not exercise proper care of the integrity of the league.

Lorikeets 2013 8-6 1st Place Division 4
Lorikeets 2012 6-8 3rd Place Division 4
Does it matter which lemming is the leader?

10/02/2012 7:41 pm  #9

Im to late to vote as well.  I agree with Rich, this league and its managers must keep the integrity of the league and its fellow members.  Regardless of how long the deal was in the works or how we feel about certain players (like versus dislike) this deal was very lopsided.  no way around that.  maybe Bilko has a connection to Burleson that we just cant grasp...   Its to bad he didnt show up to defend his actions or any sort of comment to help us understand his thinking regarding this trade (and past ones).

10/14/2012 11:43 am  #10

i need 10 posts

Board footera