♦ [RED.ZONE.PERFECTION] ♦
__________The Future of Dynasty__________

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2012 5:31 pm  #1

To Think About

As I was thinking about trades that Kordy sent me & I was considering sending. I thought about this new Veto discussion. I didn't complain so vehemently about Bilco's last trade simply because I felt it was Lopsided. ( That has not changed  )Or because it involved such a high up side player But because 14 out of the 15 remaining owners also thought so & because Bilco was being removed. I didn't say a word to KC until Bilco WAS removed. If he stayed I wouldn't have said a word to KC at all & instead would have chose to make fun of Bilco.(Felt it was unfair to the new innocent owner )  NOW What could the possible parameters of a Veto rule consist of ? a simple majority of owners disagreeing ? ( don't think that is fair ) ALL of the owners ? ( 16 people agreeing on anything is almost impossible ) 75 % ( 12 out of 16 maybe ) What would decide what kicks that discussion up ? I think we need to be careful that we are not talking about every single transaction ( I hope we never use it ) But what would trigger a discussion ? Should it even happen if the owner is staying & will live with the results ? Does the question of quality for Quantity come into play ( if there was a 2nd player involved in the last trade 2 for 1 no matter how low level . The reaction would have been different ) I understand more fully the reluctance of some to veto the last one now. ( still think it should have reversed for Kordy's sake ) Just thought if this was going to go into effect for Kordy we ought to understand what is involved & answer some questions

10/04/2012 5:43 pm  #2

Re: To Think About

Despite having already stated that Bilco shouldn't have ever joined the league, the ONE thing I didn't think was right in all of this is that Bilco was booted from the league for being scammed.  Plain and simple.  It had nothing to do with participation (he gave good reason for the delay in registering at the forum and there are other members who had been online less frequently); it had everything to do with him making a bad trade that he didn't know was bad.  That shows you where the league's priorities lay.  Instead of penalizing the scammer, it penalizes the underdog. 

That's not right, but that's all I'll say on the matter.

10/04/2012 5:46 pm  #3

As most folks know I play in a variety of FF leagues this year {16 in all} and the trade rules vary from league to league - including a "no trade" elimination league I play in.  Folks have all manner of opinions when it comes to vetoing trades but my philosophy has always been a simple one, a trade that raises an eyebrow I'll let go through, one which raises both eyebrows deserves a veto.  That said there are a couple of leagues I'm in where accepted trades are "visible" for 24 hours before a final process - there is no veto allowed the trade is simply there to be seen.  However those leagues do allow anyone who feels the trade is patently unfair to bring the matter up for a vote by all members.  In those cases a simple majority will suffice to void the trade and the vote is public.  While it's true that some may cast a veto more from gamesmanship than any real interest in the trade {helps a rival etc}  and something of that sort may be the way to go here if we institute such a system next season.  As we are all members of the league any of us should feel free to voice a concern about a trade and bring the matter up for a vote {with the number of owners needed to enforce the veto decided by mutual consent during our offseason brainstorming session regarding rules.

As to the current situation I think anyone should have the right to raise a concern about a trade that they deem to be unbalanced {obviously each will have their own interpretation of unbalanced}.  And once such concern is raised it should be discussed and voted on.  Since only 14 people would vote in that case {in other leagues where a trade is reviewed the parties involved don't get a vote} 8 or 9 votes against may be a good enough number to indicate that there is a problem with the trade and it should be reworked

10/04/2012 5:49 pm  #4

I made statements that he shouldn't just be removed but should be asked his opinion

10/04/2012 5:52 pm  #5

He has told me since that he thought it was a fair trade and that he based his opinion on both what KC said and the NFL.com projection numbers that appear when a player's name is clicked on.

10/04/2012 6:10 pm  #6

Ask Fabiano who "the start of the week is " this week & julio's had a bad hand for 2 weeks

10/04/2012 10:16 pm  #7

I just think that we should think about being more calm, careful, and under control when we make huge decisions like kicking someone. A good league leader will tell everyone to calm down and the discussion will continue the next day, or sometime later. We should never make decisions like this so quickly when emotions are in full swing and opinions swayed. Things went down way too quickly, and league members shouldn't have to wake up the next morning with a new member and someone kicked out.

10/05/2012 7:20 am  #8

To add to Jessie's comment, people shouldn't wake up to find they have been kicked out.

10/05/2012 11:26 am  #9

Im concerned that he was kicked out of this league (for the most part) because he made a bad trade.  Most of us didn't hear from Bilco regarding his trade and cant say if he felt it was a good trade.  He may have some personal reason for making it.  One that really only makes sense to him.  I was asked about 2 hours after the trade went thru if id seen it and to support the league with reply orcomment.  Nap,kids,work, whatever...  i didnt get on for another few hours.  By then he was already removed.  That was to fast and im still not understanding exactly why he was removed and without his direct input.  I hope my concerne is understandable.   If he made a bad trade based on crappy info or whatever.  We should have either talked to him about the value we see it having.  We could offer help or something.  Im just saying there could have been other options.  I hope i make some sense

Last edited by CSC1970 (10/05/2012 11:35 am)

10/05/2012 11:43 am  #10

One person talked to him recently.  And he said he thought it was an ok trade.  I think the league should have heard from him and discussed longer than 5 hours wether to kick him out.  I would think the trade would have been revised and a member educated and become a better player.

Board footera