♦ [RED.ZONE.PERFECTION] ♦
__________The Future of Dynasty__________

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/15/2012 5:47 pm  #11

Re: RULE CHANGES TO DISCUSS DURING THE OFFSEASON

I also agree with Dredd on this issue....as of now I realy only see two things...offensive player should not gain 3 points for recovering there own fumble! and a sack should be lowered  to 2 instead of 3..so it will = 3 with the tackle not 4 as it is now!

Second is just the first loser!

10/16/2012 4:24 pm  #12

Dredd, I do agree with you about the unanimous voting and I also realize that not all of my suggestions will be taken favorably. I see your point about having unique league scoring as you are in many different leagues lending each league to its own set of strategies. I happen to be in one other league, so our situations are quite different.

I'm an accountant by profession and I LOVE to analize data. Fantasy sports is so perfect for me as I love to analize but I also love all sports. My goal in life is to find the perfect fantasy scoring settings where I am able to perfectly balance the scoring characteristics in a way to make each and every player equal to one another. In my opinion, doing this will allow the cream to further rise to the top than in other situations. I love fantasy so much and I want it to feel like I am good at it, not feel like I got lucky this week. An argument could be made that we are all wasting our time and being good at any fantasy sport takes luck more than anything else, so why bother?

I don't have any problem with QBs scoring negative points in a given week, only if that's because the QB played that bad of a game. I don't, however, like when it's due to other players sucking or the OL sucking, haha. I've often wondered if you could use the stat of "dropped passes" as a .5 point increased to the QB. To make up for the lost yardage. If it's deemed a drop by the NFL for stat purposes for the WR, then it should be awarded as a completion as well to the QB. It wasn't the QB's fault the pass was dropped. There are many different instances of this happening in other scenarios as well and arguments can be made both ways. So after getting into the detail of my thought, sometimes I step back and think...nah all we need are points for yards and TDs and leave it at that. Just change the scoring frequency for yards based on position played to make the yards all equal out. That way QBs are scoring like crazy compared to WRs. If the yards are more equal by position, it also takes out the need for PPR. In my mind, PPR is used to boost the value of WRs who often don't get as many yards.

I'm rambling, but I love talking about this stuff. Another thought is that rather than changing the point scales, you add more players to the starting lineup....3 WR vs 2 RB.

10/16/2012 4:27 pm  #13

Sorry, that was a long post......a few other suggestions and I'll shut up! haha

In addition to point changes, I'd like to investigate changing the starting lineups required. I would really like to have a 2 QB league. Most of us have a decent backup on our rosters, why not start him? This is a huge league, so we'd be going 16 QBs deep and it may not be feesable with BYE weeks. Obviously you can't pick a backup QB as your starter, it wouldn't be fair. Ha, so in this league, I might have convinced myself otherwise right now. In my other 10 man league, I want to change it so badly! There are great QBs on the waiver wire every week.

I would like to bump up RBs to 3 and WRs to 4 and get rid of the flex. I hate flex positions. Don't ask why, I just do! haha We have deep rosters, we might as well start the players on them.

10/16/2012 5:32 pm  #14

I believe if we make it have to be unanimous, Then we will not be able to make any changes at all.

10/16/2012 5:53 pm  #15

I think that the votes on rule changes need to be unanimous. I also think that the votes need to be timely. During the offseason we had numerous subjects up for a vote and after a week only 8 people had voted. In my opinion, the first vote that we need is to agree on unanimous votes for rules changes and a one week limit to arrive at a decision. I think that a rational discussion will produce a unanimous vote or sufficient understanding to ensure that everyone can see the reason for lack of a rule change and can be comfortable with the decision.

We need to make it official that the time for voting begins, make sure that everyone is notified that a vote has begun, and then make it official that the vote has ended and announce the result. If all votes are in favor, the rule changes. If anyone objects, it stays the same.

Lorikeets 2013 8-6 1st Place Division 4
Lorikeets 2012 6-8 3rd Place Division 4
Does it matter which lemming is the leader?

10/16/2012 6:09 pm  #16

I think if it was 13 out 16 ( 82 % ) it would be fair. Someone for some reason will always disagree no matter how much rational conversation we have. We just had a situation that everybody agreed on yet we couldn't change how 1 person felt.
If we voted on if all voting would need to be unanimous it wouldn't be unanimous.

Last edited by Galloping Ghosts (10/16/2012 6:19 pm)

10/16/2012 9:21 pm  #17

I suppose that we have a vote to see if we can get a unanimous vote to require that voting for rule changes be unanimous. If it is unanimous, then we move on. If it isn't unanimous, then we can vote on 14 of 16, 13 of 16, till we arrive at a decision. I hope that you enjoy my logo for the week. It was chosen in your honor!

10/16/2012 11:11 pm  #18

Rich I have returned the compliment

10/17/2012 8:33 pm  #19

I seriously agree with Dredd and any changes require a unanimous vote, however, when I do the voting I will give every vote 7-10, i will announce it on the forum, as long as there are no negative votes for it, it will be counted as unanimous, so even if we get 8 votes a rule will be able to change as long as there are none against it.

The Champ is Here

10/17/2012 9:26 pm  #20

7-10 pm? 7-10 minutes? hours? days? weeks? Will we send everyone an e-mail, as well as post it on the forum, to make certain that they are notified?

Board footera