♦ [RED.ZONE.PERFECTION] ♦
__________The Future of Dynasty__________

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/24/2012 12:46 pm  #1

next years draft.

I know we said next year's draft will be linear. But will the order be determined by the standings at the end of the regular season or the standings after the championship (where it's possible the # 8 team could pick last ) or does a win in the playoffs just get added to your regular season total (  where the champion might not pick last ?   I think the top 8 should be after the playoffs ( champ picks last ) but the toilet bracket should be after the regular season ( who cares who wins the toilet bowl ) regular season loser picks first so that it's not possible to have the 9th best record & lose in the playoffs & end up with the 1st pick.
Curious how we'll do it ???

10/24/2012 1:15 pm  #2

Re: next years draft.

That would be in line with how it works in the NFL and seems like the way to go.  The regular season determines the first 8 picks and the playoff finish determines the final 8

10/24/2012 3:49 pm  #3

Considering how flaky things get in the NFL during the last few weeks of the regular season, I think that it should be a straight linear draft in reverse order of the regular season standings. Some teams rest players or hold them out of games to allow extra time for injuries to heal in order to get ready for the playoffs. Often this gives the lower bracketed teams in our league an advantage because our second tier players get the bulk of the workload where ordinarily they would not. For example, if my team finishes eighth - a slim possibility, but just suppose - and Houston rests Foster at the end of the year, Ben Tate and my team will do better than normal in the playoffs. An eighth place team could easily wind up picking 16th in the draft. If Mike finishes our regular season in first, and your team finishes fifth, do you really want Mike picking before you merely because Houston rests Foster, Tate picks up big numbers, and my team beats his? Before you dismiss this notion as far-fetched, keep in mind that Mike's team just lost to Kordy's team.

Lorikeets 2013 8-6 1st Place Division 4
Lorikeets 2012 6-8 3rd Place Division 4
Does it matter which lemming is the leader?

10/25/2012 11:59 am  #4

I agree with Rich. The season standings are a result from overall amount of points a team has put up and how much they have lost/won. Fourteen games in a season and their results tell more than three games with the possibility of key starters being benched in the NFL.

10/25/2012 9:09 pm  #5

I suggest after week 14 is over, the bottom tier teams go in order 16th =1 and so on, however the actual playoff teams go in order of first elimated pertaining to records and so on.

The Champ is Here

10/25/2012 10:51 pm  #6

Amber and I are right about this one as it pertains to what is best for the long term health  and balance of the league. Doing it the way that John, Dredd, and Jeff prefer opens the door to the possibility that the team that finishes first overall picks ninth in the draft. That is not the way to keep the league competitive. This is one of those instances where cute or clever will, sooner or later, do the league real harm.

Lorikeets 2013 8-6 1st Place Division 4
Lorikeets 2012 6-8 3rd Place Division 4
Does it matter which lemming is the leader?

10/25/2012 11:03 pm  #7

Personally I'm fine with either way on this one, the way I suggested mirrors how it works in the NFL but as long as we agree on the method BEFORE the end of the season {when people's agenda will change based on their current circumstances!} I have no issue with "freezing" the draft order at the end of the regular season

10/26/2012 12:01 am  #8

Rich, I believe we've learned that no team is too powerful. Every team in the league right now already has 2 losses. I dont believe we will have much problems with our balance as long as we keep a good crew in here that can manage their team correctly, to me the best thing about picking last is knowing you won the championship

The Champ is Here

10/26/2012 9:07 am  #9

I agree with Jeff on this one

The answer to the question never asked is always NO.

10/26/2012 8:28 pm  #10

I agree too Mike

The Champ is Here

Board footera