♦ [RED.ZONE.PERFECTION] ♦
__________The Future of Dynasty__________

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/24/2012 7:28 pm  #1

Trade Deadline before it's too late

Don't recall if we talked to much about this. Last year our trade deadline was the tues. after week # 13 so there would be no trades allowed during the playoffs but free agency & waivers were still in effect. I think that should stay the same.  NOW that we are no longer a re-draft league.I believe it should be that  when the season ends. Free agency & waivers end but trading is allowed until the cut down keeper deadline & then No player movement until after the draft. opinions ?

10/24/2012 8:25 pm  #2

Re: Trade Deadline before it's too late

In my opinion, trading should stop at the beginning of the week 14 games and should resume when the last playoff game is over. Free agency/waivers should remain in effect at all times. The cut down/keeper deadline is just prior to the draft and player movement should stop at that time and remain suspended until after the draft.

If that is what you said, John, then I agree with you.

Lorikeets 2013 8-6 1st Place Division 4
Lorikeets 2012 6-8 3rd Place Division 4
Does it matter which lemming is the leader?

10/24/2012 8:38 pm  #3

Basically YES,before week # 14 . I just thought in the off season when trading re-starts , Free agency should be put on hold (you can work on your team with trading But not add anyone new until we all can have a chance at players in the draft ) so if someone breaks out during the NFL play-offs No one could get an advantage by quickly picking him up. Holding the value of free agents until the draft.

10/25/2012 12:00 pm  #4

Agreed.

10/25/2012 9:11 pm  #5

I am for stopping free agency as well as trading after week 14 when the playoffs are about to begin.

The Champ is Here

10/26/2012 9:08 am  #6

I don't want to see free agency being locked after week 14, I think it should be locked after week 17

The answer to the question never asked is always NO.

10/26/2012 11:16 am  #7

yea we'll keep it open through the championship.......I would also like to start talking about the rookie draft date, which I believe should be right after the nfl draft

The Champ is Here

10/26/2012 3:56 pm  #8

Are we having discussions prior to voting or are we getting executive decisions from the commissioner? This is not clear to me. If we are discussing prior to a vote, then "yea we'll keep it open through..." is way premature. On the other hand, if we arre getting executive decisions from the commissioner, then there  is no need to discuss the rookie draft date...Announce when it will be and be done with it.

Lorikeets 2013 8-6 1st Place Division 4
Lorikeets 2012 6-8 3rd Place Division 4
Does it matter which lemming is the leader?

10/26/2012 4:18 pm  #9

Yes, Rich, that kind of confused me too, because on one hand we spent all offseason discussing settings for the league; they were determined 100% by votes, not by the "commissioner", so just the same way one can't reverse one game without opening up the field to reversing any  and all games, we need to vote unless we're opening up the field to dictatorship (dictator: "a ruler who has absolute, unrestricted control ") instead of democracy ("a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents"). I make this 100% clear at the beginning of the season in every one of my leagues that I run: everything rule related shall be determined by votes, not by LM's rigid opinions.

So, like Rich says, we need to go one way or the other, and this, along with other rule settings, should be put to a vote. Only five people have spoken on this topic. Since everyone has an opinion, even if it is abstaining, that leaves eleven with silent opinions. Voters with silent opinions can sometimes hold the most power and change the results of a vote. That's why it's important to put up an official poll.

I know the commissioner likes to hold "absolute power", but you can't do that simultaneously with a democracy. Commissioners hold the position and authority for when things get out of control, such as Anthony's incident. They can hold absolute power then, but they cannot make executive decisions alone when everyone in the league is smart, sane, and can form their own opinions.

10/26/2012 4:53 pm  #10

To encapsulate my views from what folks have expressed.  We should have a trade deadline that is before the playoffs, the waiver wire can stay open throughout the playoffs until the end of the season.  After the playoffs all players lock and no trading is allowed until near when the draft rolls around.  Once we have decided on our draft date a one week trading period opens {but no free agency} until one day before the draft, at thta point rosters are cut to 15 and then the draft progresses.  Once the draft is complete either trading can be reopened immediately or a predetermined length of time can be set before trading is allowed to resume and at that point free agency resumes with normal waiver processes {initial waver set can be based on the final standings from the previous year}  As to the rookie draft that may be somewhat at the mercy of NFL.com as we won't be able to do it until leagues can be reactivated and that would be early June most likely

Board footera