♦ [RED.ZONE.PERFECTION] ♦
__________The Future of Dynasty__________

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/26/2012 5:15 pm  #11

Re: Trade Deadline before it's too late

I don't agree that trading should remain closed after the season ends and would also like to bring up for discussion when we will open up the 2014 draft picks to be traded, after the championship, before the draft or after the draft?

The answer to the question never asked is always NO.

10/26/2012 8:27 pm  #12

I didnt mean this is how its going to be, sorry guys, I was referring to how we did it last year, and i forgot that we do have a new crew and probably should get a new voting poll up here pretty soon to decide before we get to close to the playoffs

The Champ is Here

10/26/2012 8:38 pm  #13

I have no problem with free agency remaining active throughout the playoffs and the off-season.

I have no problem with waivers remaining active throughout the playoffs and the off-season as long as when someone is picked up on waivers, the owner choosing that player moves to the end of the line.

Trading should stop prior to week 14 and can resume when the championship is over.

Our draft - why call it a rookie draft when it will involve all players available? - should take place about a week after the NFL draft.

I have no problem with opening trading of 2014 draft picks when our 2013 draft is over.

I think that all of these issues should be thoroughly discussed and voted on, with an eye towards keeping a similar schedule in future years. Once we decide what the schedule is, changing it should require a unanimous vote.

Prior to deciding any of the above issues, we need to have a vote to determine what sort of vote is required to change the rules, unanimous, 80%, 75%, what? The reason that the manner of vote required for rules changes needs to be decided first is that a more stringent vote will affect the seriousness of the discussion of the rules.

Lorikeets 2013 8-6 1st Place Division 4
Lorikeets 2012 6-8 3rd Place Division 4
Does it matter which lemming is the leader?

10/26/2012 8:41 pm  #14

I also recommend separate discussions and separe votes for each of the above issues. Again, the vote regarding the rules changes vote needs to come first.

10/28/2012 1:18 pm  #15

I agree with Rich.

10/30/2012 12:48 pm  #16

ok...now that I have time to reply on this whole trade deadline thing.......after last year when I got stuck in the middle of a trade when the deadline hit...If everyone remembers correctly....all of us talked about NOT having a trade deadline anymore!!!......this being a dynasty with draft pick trading allowed as well theres no point in having a deadline!!

Second is just the first loser!

10/30/2012 6:37 pm  #17

"All of us" did not talk about not having a trade deadline anymore. Some people talked about no trade deadline regarding future draft picks. Since there is no trading during the playoffs, then there can be no draft pick trading during the playoffs. As far as trading future draft picks is concerned, my concern is with tracking and making sure that things are managed effectively. Waiting two weeks after the NFL.com people finally make them available for one's trading partner to get off their ass and finish the deal is not effective. Trading future draft picks secretly in an effort to circumvent the rules is unacceptable. It should be clear to all parties that everyone needs to agree on the rules, everyone needs to abide by the rules and not try to work a way around them, and everyone needs to know what the rules are sooner, rather than later.

We have discussions to conduct, votes to take, decisions to make and the process needs to be organized. It needs to be led!

10/30/2012 7:42 pm  #18

I was also not in the "all of us" from last year and I firmly oppose allowing trading of any sort during the playoffs.  I have no issue with the trading of future draft picks but thought that was going to wait until after the championship

10/30/2012 8:53 pm  #19

with the amount of teams and roster size having a trade deadline is pointless....if someone on your team gets hurt your whole season could go down in flames....a trade deadline is realy only made to keep bad teams from trading all there good players to a dominant team.....I see no one in our league doing that.....the wavier wire is junk...so you only go there in a last ditch effert.....and I wasnt talking about draft picks years out only what is avalible now! just so that was clear!

Second is just the first loser!

10/31/2012 11:29 am  #20

I dislike trade deadlines personally...

Don't let your mouth write a check, you and your horse can't cash!

Board footera