♦ [RED.ZONE.PERFECTION] ♦
__________The Future of Dynasty__________

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2012 1:03 am  #1

head to head ?

ok just trying to get clarification on this as I know a few others are not sure as well...I think this is how it works..is it right?
with the teams that are going to be 8-5 this week it would go like this
Jeff at 2-1
KC at 1-1
Shane at 1-1
Jess 1-2

is that correct? and then I am guessing that KC is over Shane by points since they never played?

Last edited by KC13k (12/04/2012 1:08 am)

Second is just the first loser!

12/04/2012 2:19 pm  #2

Re: head to head ?

ok just notice I was wrong about shane being 8-5...so that changes everything...so records woud put all three teams that are over all 8-5 at 1-1 on the head to head...so then what determines who is ahead of the other here?.....because Jeff beat me but lost to Jess but I beat Jess & lost to Jeff......

12/04/2012 3:09 pm  #3

It's a bit confusing, isn't it? I don't know how the standings will turn out, but it doesn't really matter since we'll all be in the playoffs and none of us are getting a top seed, either.

12/04/2012 3:27 pm  #4

Why is KC behind jeff in the standings, when KC is ranked 4th? Shouldn't total score be factored in, and have KC the leader of Division 4?

"Many people ask me why I always sign off ''til we meet again'; because goodbye is always so final." ~ Marty Reid

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." ~ Jim Valvano

12/04/2012 3:36 pm  #5

The Hamlinator wrote:

Why is KC behind jeff in the standings, when KC is ranked 4th? Shouldn't total score be factored in, and have KC the leader of Division 4?

I think its because are over all records are the same but I have put up more points but jeff beat me when we played so over all I am ahead but in the div. he is 1/2 game ahead.......I think thats how it works!...the H2H thing is complicated and think the way it was just by points was a lot easyer to follow

12/04/2012 3:36 pm  #6

NFL.com changed it to head-to-head division matchups determining who wins the division along with the overall record rather than the points scored for like last year. We can't change it now, since we never talked about this, but in the future we need to talk about how the playoffs are determined.

So Jeff is ahead KC in the playoff standings, because he beat KC and that earns him the division tie breaker.

12/04/2012 4:02 pm  #7

beagle142 wrote:

NFL.com changed it to head-to-head division matchups determining who wins the division along with the overall record rather than the points scored for like last year. We can't change it now, since we never talked about this, but in the future we need to talk about how the playoffs are determined.

So Jeff is ahead KC in the playoff standings, because he beat KC and that earns him the division tie breaker.

Ah, I see. And I totally agree; we need to figure out the stipulations that pan out playoff seeding and the like.

"Many people ask me why I always sign off ''til we meet again'; because goodbye is always so final." ~ Marty Reid

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." ~ Jim Valvano

12/04/2012 4:03 pm  #8

If I am not mistaken the part that is making it so confusing is the head 2 head is only within the Div.

12/04/2012 5:38 pm  #9

No h2h will apply to all teams with the same record across divisions for playoff seeding with a caveat.  If two teams {or more} within a division have the same record in first place the h2h among those teams only is the first determinant as to the division champ, with points scored being second.  Once the division champ is removed then all remaining teams with the same record would again be compared h2h with that group to determine wildcard seedings.  So h2h factors in both divisional and wildcard rankings

12/04/2012 5:57 pm  #10

ok...if that were the case then Jeff sould be 4th and me 5th in the over all rankings as he has beaten me....but he is 5th and I am 4th and the three teams that are 8-5 are all still 1-1 with the H2H...so just bye that it would suggest the h2h is within the Div....or am I just missing something else here?

Board footera