♦ [RED.ZONE.PERFECTION] ♦
__________The Future of Dynasty__________

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2012 6:23 pm  #11

Re: head to head ?

Yeah, you're kind of missing something.  The "overall" league ranking ignores divisions, that's why you're ranked higher than Jeff.  You have the h2h advantage among all 8-5 teams, HOWEVER in just a comparison to other 8-5 teams in your division {obviously only Jeff} you are on the losing end of the bargain.  So he trumps you in division but among all 8-5 teams you trump him.  The h2h would still come in to play to determine the seeding for you vs all other 8-5 teams across divisions.  And as noted in my example on the NFL.com forum, h2h could play a role in the final playoff spot should Jokers lose and Luck of the Irish win!  Seeding will be a little less critical for us excepting the division winners since we're doing a "pick your opponent" set up in the playoffs, the lower seeded team won't get a pick most likely so the seeding among the wildcards is less pressing.  Since it seems that the setup caught some folks by surprise it certainly could be discussed for modification next year but I like the flavor of h2h instead of just points determining rankings, it's closer to things in the "real NFL"

12/04/2012 6:31 pm  #12

I know here it realy doesnt matter...more just trying to under stand it....ok so basicly since we are all 1-1 in the over all it comes down to points scored which puts me over both the other 2 teams? but in the div....Jeff is basicly like a 1/2 game ahead of me...because we have the same record but has beatin me!.....now am I on the right page here?

Last edited by KC13k (12/04/2012 6:36 pm)

Second is just the first loser!

12/04/2012 7:05 pm  #13

Exactly

12/05/2012 1:04 pm  #14

ok....thanks

Second is just the first loser!

Board footera